Wednesday, November 30, 2005

*crawls out from under mountainous pile of schoolwork*

*reaches toward guiding hands attempting to help her*

*realizes it's the Patriots Secondary, stands up, runs screaming the other way*

Okay, so I didn't actually watch the Pats game on Sunday, and have no recent reason to do that. But still, I don't have to watch the games anymore. I can feel the shudders going through the Force any time a halfway decent QB uncorks a deep ball towards the sidelines.

And seriously, it's getting to the point with the O-Line where I'm gonna have to go buy some shoulder pads, tie Nick Kaczur to a pipe somwhere underneath Gillette, and protect No. 12 myself. He is the newest member of the The Closet. I may be pissed at Tommy for the 4 INTS on Sunday, but by God he will survive to lose our first round playoff game in January.

Thinking about it, offensive lineman might be the only position I could play. I got the upper arm strength. And believe it or not, the protective spurts of aggression. I would just imagine that Tommy was holding my little two-year old cousin Jasper, and you would not want to see what happened to the D-Line. ( I would have subbed the Brother, but the Brother is now taller than me, and thus can take care of himself.)

On a positive note, the Marauding Llamas are third in the Surviving Grady Fantasy Football Throwdown. Which is better then it sounds, because Meredith is so far ahead of the rest of us that I'm grading our league on a curve, meaning I'm really second. The fact that Eli Manning and the Giants managed to lose their game, but not before providing Elisha with 344 YDS, 2 TDs and no INTS, also makes me very happy.

79-ish days till the first day of Spring Training. With Josh Beckett (wooo!), He Who Shall Now Be Called Milo Until Proven Otherwise, and Guillermo Mota in the bullpen. Speaking of which, it seems that the All-Powerful Vegetable Mojo will now be known as the All-Powerful Bullpen Vegetable Mojo. Which I can deal with.

What I cannnot deal with? Lack of Manny. Lack of Manny's bat in the lineup.
*ahem*
nonononononono no take Manny I want Manny why are you going away Manny want Manny WAAAAH!*
Got that out of my system.
But seriously. Manny trade talk makes Emma's head explode.

I think I'm actually glad I haven't gotten in to the Celts or the Bruins. Because from what I hear tell of how much they are sucking, I don't think I could deal with the pile-on.