Friday, December 16, 2005

Centennial

My hundreth- (hundred? hundredeth?)- post number 100.
Wow.
I feel like I need to pop a bottle of champagne, or set off fireworks, or something.
I really find it amazing that I've gotten to a hundred posts. Of variable quality.
Brava, Red Sox. You have been a constant in my life for a hundred posts.
Not always in a good way, of course. But always interesting. And always fodder for the muse.
Here's to post 200....


****
Billy Mueller is officially a Dodger now.
*sniff*
"How bout our former third baseman?"

****
The hot stove has died down at least a little bit, and all that's currently going on is in the rumor stage.
So I'll give them the depth they deserve.

Manny for Tejada? WOOOO.
I have had it up to here *makes accompanying gesture* with Manuel "I have the emotional maturity and committment of a 12 year old boy" Ramirez. I could really not give a flying frak if he left now, were it not for the production.Tejada would fit in well, both stat-wise and chemistry-wise.
But it's not gonna happen. Because while the Baltimore front office may apparently be run by a cadre of barely literate spider monkeys, even monkeys have some semblance of intelligence.

Matty for Jeremy Reed? Meh.
String Bean for Jeremy Reed?
*runs off to a gun store in Arlington*
*buys up cache of semi-automatics*
*takes T to Kenmore Square*
*committs Coup d'etat on Yawkey Way*
*barricades self in Jeddington's office*

Andy Marte and Guillermo Mota for Coco Crisp-
WHA?

****

And on the subject of the aforementioned two-headed General Managerial Monster?
I do not know. I honestly do not know. And probably won't know 'till March.

****
I go off for various Christmas debauchery Tuesday evening, so this will probably be my last post of the year. Unless something completely crazy and unexpected happens, which is not out of the question.

Happy Holidays Everybody.....